Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The faraway tree by Enid Blyton


Oh the faraway tree, it's what my childhood was made of. I have fond memories of sitting infront of Mrs Walkers
Grade two
classroom while she read to us about the tales of Jo, Bessie and Fanny,saucepan man, Mrs Dame Washalot and moon face.

I would dream that one day I to would walk into an enchanted wood and clim
b up into a tree with magical characters and find myself in different lands.
I can't really remember what the lands were named, but each time they climbed to the very top of the tree there would be a different land, the lands all had different themes. For example the land of sweets.
Oh but that book was enchanting, that's where my love for books started.

One day I hope to read the Faraway Tree to my child and bless her with tales that captured my imagination.